Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Love/Hate Relationship.

This is a Love/Hate list of Ecuador so far. But I'm too much of an upbeat optimist person too actually hate anything. So this is an Enthusiastic For/Not Enthusiastic For list. Hahaha.

Enthusiastic For!
-the emphasis on soups
-ice cream everywhere and at any time!
-walking everywhere
-the mountains/countryside
-multiple ecosystems within small distances
-learning Spanish
-"eternal spring"
-fruit salads at the park
-mists in the mountains
-avocados with meals
-my host family
-scarves
-camilla, the new adorable puppy
-walking through gorgeous cemeteries
-dancing

Not Enthusiastic For
-the stares I get when dancing gringo style
-getting coffee "to go" in a take out bowl
-instant coffee
-having rice, potatoes, bread, and pasta all in one meal
-having to plead to get my package at the post office
-bureaucracy
-hard afternoon rains when I'm walking to school
-appearing to have no personality because I cannot express myself
-stray dog poop
-being a less independent woman

Ok. I do have one hate.

Hate!
-Oregano Tea

As you can see, the Enthusiastic For list is larger than the Not Enthusiastic For list. =)


No comments: