Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Big News.

Ok. So it's been a really long time since I've written in this at all. And that's because a lot of stuff has happened. I've also been turning a lot of stuff over in my head. If you've been following this blog, you've probably noticed that I've thought about "being a gypsy" or staying here. Well, for the last month or so I've been really really seriously considering it. And I applied to stay with WT here for another year. I got the extension. I have until May 15th to notify UVA med school (my chosen school) to let them know if I will defer or not, which is really just in 2 days.

I think I've come to a decision. Not 100% yet. But 98% sure - especially since I will write the director of Admissions tomorrow morning.

I am staying in Ecuador another year - teaching at CECAMI and staying in Ibarra again.

I will attempt volunteering at a health clinic in the mornings, teaching in the afternoons, learning more Spanish and continuing to travel on the weekends. I hope the experience continues to be great.

You think it's crazy?

1 comment:

Abz said...

that's really cool yo. live your life! i'll miss you more now though. school will always be here and you never know, you might end up in a better school after your ecuador experience. i wish i could say i was doing the same with my life. good luck with that and stay safe :) i support it as long as you are happy happy happy :)

*hugs* << i want one of those when you come back to visit!