Friday, October 16, 2009

Living the dream...

Taita Imbabura (The big volcano near Ibarra)

I am living COMPLETELY on my own! Woop woop! For the first time in my life, I'm living on my own, renting on my own, and essentially, I'm on my own all the time! There have been great things about it - the independence, privacy, the ability to cook and eat whatever and whenever I want!, to arrange everything how I want it. However, there are also a lot of disadvantages to it - I have to buy all these things for it that I'll have for only a year (fridge, mattress, baskets, shelves, etc.), I have to constantly clean, and well, I'm also on my own for most of the time! But it's definitely been a great experience so far. It's definitely not ready yet to show pictures of the apt, but I wanted to share some pictures of the view I have from the roof.

Cayambe, another volcano visible from the roof.

Some hills and houses.

More houses and some views of the rest of Ibarra.

Cotacachi. She is the wife of Imbabura. When there is snow on the top, they say that Taita Imbabura has visited her in the night...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow what an aesthetic landscape. i give 2 thumbs up!