Friday, January 16, 2009

The New Schedule.

Ok. According to my school contract, I was supposed to work until July 30th. That would be my last day teaching at CECAMI. But with med school starting August 10th, wrapping up all my stuff in Ecuador, doing a last bit of traveling in Ecuador, getting ready for med school in the U.S., and oh yeah, breathing for a second, I realized that it wouldn't fly.

So Debby and I had a meeting with la Directora explaining our situation (as she needed to get home a little earlier too) and she was surprisingly willing to accomodate us (as we thought she would think we were skimping on work). We worked out a deal where we would work Fridays for modules 4 & 5, to move up our schedule. That means my last day of teaching is JULY 8th! And the giant goodbye party will be JULY 9th! It works out! YAY!

So here is my new work schedule. Let me know if you want to visit because I would LUUUUURVE to have you!

Current module- (module 2): ends February 5th
Module 3: February 16 - April 7th
Module 4 (begin working Fri): April 15 - May 26th
Module 5: June 1 - July 8th

This means for vacation I have the weeks:
  1. February 5 - 15th (already have a visitor planned!!!!)
  2. April 7 - 14th
  3. May 26 - 31st
This makes me realize that I really don't have that much vacation. I know a volunteer who had all of December and January off. Oh, and had 3 day weekends too. Yeah, I'm a bit jealous!

But overall, the schedule worked out marvelously! Wooop! I hope I can travel around and relax a bit before med school.

So, in summary. Come and visit me. I'll be waiting. =)

No comments: