Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Hero! .... And Coming Soon.

My Hero: Dr. Paul Farmer

This was an NPR article he wrote on the theme " This I believe..." He's an amazing man with great ideology he actually puts into practice. He's definitely a role model. Read it. We need health care change.

And... COMING SOON:

I just got back from my whirlwind trip and I have so much to write about. Not just from my trip, but from before. As I don't have time to write about it now (as I start a new module tomorrow), here is a little teaser.
  • La Caminata de la Virgen de la Caridad - where I walked from Ibarra to Mira at night, without light, in the mountains for over 25 miles and 10 hours to "carry" the virgin to Mira.
  • El Novillo - where I ran away from a bull with his horns on fire.
  • Galapagos Islands - where a good friend came to visit and we swam with sea lions and sharks.
  • Chugchilan - a small town high in the Andes where I went horseback riding and then hiking a crater lake.
I'll write about all these soooooooon! It was pretty amazing. =)

No comments: